9/15/11

FALL-la,la,la,la-la,la,la,laaaaaaa






Happy FALL everyone! I've received mixed feelings on this topic so far. For me, once school starts back up I am in full on fall mode! I begin by purchasing my pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks (yummo!) then I start to gather a game plan for the holidays followed by taking my "winter clothes" out of storage and lastly....DECORATING! This is the first year I have actually decorated my porch for the fall season. I didn't want to spend a lot of money-after all, fall is only here for about two-three months (depending on when you accept its arrival) and then it is full on into Christmas. I set out earlier this week to purchase items that would help me decorate. After spending $39.30 and dividing that by 75 days (amount of time my decorations will actually be on display)the cost to have my decorations is approx. $.52 a day. The best part is...I took money out of my "household" budget for the next two weeks to cover it. I projected what I may need over the next two weeks (laundry detergent, toilet paper, cleaning supplies etc) and because I have started making my own cleaning and beauty supplies I have saved a ton of money and still have a lot of products left here at the house! YAY! I hope you enjoy the pics...you can double click on the images to see them larger. My mums are still in the beginning stages but once they bloom they will be orange and purple-can't wait to see them!!
Happy fall decorating to you :)

2 comments:

Kalyn said...

WOW this looks awesome!! You make me wanna learn how to ride a tractor and bob for apples haha

Andi said...

Amanda! Your home is gorgeous! Hope all is well!

~Andi Hunt :)

What a Life!

What a Life!
Six years together and loving every minute of it! Time has gone by so quickly and everyday I thank God I am married to you. I love you very much and look forward to the next 50+ years together. ~Amanda

Useless Information....

3-16-08 Giraffes and rats can last longer without water than camels.

3-23-08 Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks so that it doesn’t digest itself.

3-30-08 India has a Bill of Rights for cows.

4-8-08 American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by taking out an olive from First Class salads

4-16-08 By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand

4-23-08 Negative emotions such as anxiety and depression can weaken your immune system.