9/12/11

Natural living equals Healthy living


Hello blog world! I wanted to let you in on a little project I have been working on. It is called: Operation Natural living equals Healthy living. Jon and I have been researching the uses of harmful chemicals found in everyday products like cleaning supplies, beauty products and more. We have wanted to make some changes but never had the time or money (we thought) to implement the new products into our lives. Well, let me tell you...we are well on our way now! I have learned so much over the past month and I wanted to share with you the all natural products I now use and their effect not only on our health but also our budget. One of the first changes was switching to using water and apple cider vinegar to clean the various surfaces in our house. Although vinegar may not smell the best, the smell doesn't stick around for long but what I have just cleaned is fresh and chemical free! I have tried to use products that can be consumed. If I can't eat it or if it will cause harm if digested then I try to stay away. Now, before I go any further I need to stop and reassure all of you who may think that Jon and I have GONE GREEN and are now all natural enthusiast and won't use anything unless it is from the earth. I can tell you right now, I still like Starbucks and we still do partake in man made foods (Chick-fil-a etc). However, we are making slow changes to improve our health and by doing so we are actually growing our bank account.
Lesson:
The skin is the largest organ of the body. Therefore, you should be just as conscience of what you put on it as you are regarding what you put in it (what you eat!)When you put a product on your skin it eventually gets absorbed into your bloodstream and flows throughout your body-crazy!
As you scroll down you will see the various changes I've made to ensure I am being much more healthy regarding what I stick on my skin each day and take notice of the savings in our grocery bill!

No comments:

What a Life!

What a Life!
Six years together and loving every minute of it! Time has gone by so quickly and everyday I thank God I am married to you. I love you very much and look forward to the next 50+ years together. ~Amanda

Useless Information....

3-16-08 Giraffes and rats can last longer without water than camels.

3-23-08 Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks so that it doesn’t digest itself.

3-30-08 India has a Bill of Rights for cows.

4-8-08 American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by taking out an olive from First Class salads

4-16-08 By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand

4-23-08 Negative emotions such as anxiety and depression can weaken your immune system.