9/12/11

Baking Soda 101


BAKING SODA:
1)Deodorant-I no longer buy store deodorant. I have found that baking soda when applied under your arms works better and also acts as an exfoliant. It hasn't stained my clothes yet (other store bought products did).
Applies to budget: A typical stick of deodorant at the store would cost around $3.00. A large box of baking soda costs $1.00 and will last about three times longer!
2)Toothpaste-I have been using baking soda to brush my teeth and it acts as a natural whitener and still leaves my teeth feeling clean and fresh.
Applies to budget: A typical tube of toothpaste with cost around $3.00 (with whitener)and as mentioned above a large box of baking soda is $1.00.
3)Carpet freshener-I have created a shaker from an old container of sour cream (punch small holes in the top of the plastic lid). I put baking soda and cinnamon (from the spice cabinet) in together and shake it up. I sprinkle it on my carpet before vacuuming and it makes my carpet smell fresh and gives it a hint of fall warmth.
Applies to budget: A can of carpet fresh costs $1.00 and I usually use it up in two weeks. Again, a large box of baking soda costs $1.00 and I will use that up in about the same amount of time. However, if I run out I know I will have more because I use it for multiple purposes so there is always a back up! Lastly, it is much healthier for the dogs when I sprinkle it around the house.

Here is a website that gives you TONS of ideas for using baking soda :)
http://101waystosave.blogspot.com/2011/02/40-ways-to-use-baking-soda.html

No comments:

What a Life!

What a Life!
Six years together and loving every minute of it! Time has gone by so quickly and everyday I thank God I am married to you. I love you very much and look forward to the next 50+ years together. ~Amanda

Useless Information....

3-16-08 Giraffes and rats can last longer without water than camels.

3-23-08 Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks so that it doesn’t digest itself.

3-30-08 India has a Bill of Rights for cows.

4-8-08 American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by taking out an olive from First Class salads

4-16-08 By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand

4-23-08 Negative emotions such as anxiety and depression can weaken your immune system.